Thursday, October 21, 2010

Simple Food...

I ate lunch at one of my favorite places today and it reminded me of something...

Simple food is the best food.

The restaurant has a very diverse menu but all of it is simple yet intoxicating to the taste buds.

Sure, I love something with amazingly complex flavors and enjoy cooking a time and labor intensive recipe once in a while, but I always come back to my favorite, simple, comfort foods.

People have asked me what kind of cookbook I am writing and I find it difficult to put a label on it. I keep telling people that it is not a cookbook that focuses on anything in particular. It was not until I was biting into an outstanding BLT at the restaurant that I was able to put my finger on it...my cookbook is a cookbook about cooking simple food in a better way. Maybe it is not the sexiest tagline, but it is the simplest explanation for my food and for my cooking style. Meatloaf, waffles, roasted vegetables, caramels, macaroni and cheese, scrambled eggs...these are the recipes in my cookbook.

Simple.

Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment