Thursday, October 7, 2010

Making the same recipe over and over and over...

So it turns out that there is a downside to writing a cookbook...making the same recipes over and over and over.

As I have mentioned before, I have wonderful testers (a.k.a. friends and family) who are testing all of the recipes that I plan to include in the cookbook to make sure that they are easy for others to understand and make, but I also need to be testing each recipe several times to make sure that it comes out the same way every time you make it. Or sometimes, it is a recipe that has not gone to the testers yet because I am still making tweaks to perfect it. This means eating the same thing over and over.

Boredom.

The recipes that I am talking about are all my favorites, and things that I have made many times, but they are things that I like to make and eat once a month, not twice a week. For example, I made chocolate truffles twice last week--I LOVE chocolate, but I am not excited to make them two more times this week. It turns out that you CAN have too much of a good thing.

The upside: by the time this cookbook is published I will have no doubt that the recipes in it are as flawless as humanly possible.

The downside (with an upside): It may be a long time before I make some of these recipes again, but I guess that will give me a chance to come up with a whole new set of recipes for the next cookbook...

1 comment:

  1. If you need more truffle testers please just let me know, I am more than willing to help out a friend in need!

    ReplyDelete